Deviations: Submission

Submission - Chris Owen, Jodi Payne We meet Dr. Tobias Vincent, veterinarian and Dom, on the evening of his forty - first birthday on his way to his friend Bradford's BDSM Club. Since his bad falling out with his former slave, Phan, Tobias didn't visit the club very often. Bradford is thrilled to have him back because Tobias is one of the best Doms Bradford knows. For Tobias's birthday present, Bradford sets him up with Noah Dolan, a sub who seems unable to find a Dom who can meet his needs. Tobias doesn't expect more than a nice birthday dinner with a special dessert. What he definitely doesn't expect is a sub so desperately needy and yet so strong that he finds himself almost overpowered by the need to make this boy his. This wasn't the first BDSM book I read, but one of the most intense ones. In other books, the ritualism of BDSM relationships often sounds stilted and forced. Here, it flows naturally. The negotiations and the formality are simply part of who Tobias is, who Noah is and what they are and become to another. It's even necessary. Although the entire concept of domination, submission, inflicting and receiving pain as a means of sexual stimulans is completely alien to me, I started to understand what might draw people to that kind of lifestyle. This book explains how BDSM isn't restricted to sex, but can affect your entire life, even your everyday life. I started to understand needs I thought repulsing like wearing a collar and leash or letting oneself willingly be ordered around. The fine line between cruelty and almost therapeutic dominance is artfully described, and the sex scenes are inbelievably intense as is the rest of Tobias's and Noah's relationship. Highly addictive. BTW: When I started reading and saw that book had almost 500 pages, I was a little intimidated. This was not necessary, though. The pages were gone all too soon, and I was actually disappointed when it ended. That was my only issue: The ending is too abrupt and denies the reader his satisfaction. Since it is a BDSM book, and since it is part of a series, I'm tempted to think the authors did this on purpose...