Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut

Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan,  Clerah Jai Love hurts, no kidding. I've never cared so much for two fictional characters I detested so much. This was an outstanding read, unsettling, compelling, gory, intense, brutal, heartbreaking, powerfully written and impossible to put down.Interesting writing style--often, it consisted of short, chopped half-sentences strung together. This should've made for short-winded reading but didn't since every single word carried meaning, transported emotion or pushed the action forward. Same for the frequent POV shifts--jumping from one character's head into the other usually makes me cranky, but not here. One sentence Vadim, one sentence Dan, brought them closer together, made them one, and transported me right into the middle of the scene. Otherwise, see my status updates. Much has been said about this book already (for example see Kaje's to-the-point review, I agree absolutely), don't have a whole lot more to add.